The Utah Association of Family Support Centers appreciates the opportunity to provide the families in our communities with a wide range of parenting resources to help them create nurturing home environments. We believe strongly in the importance of helping parents develop healthy relationships, positive communication skills, effective discipline strategies, enjoyable traditions, and much more as they fulfill the most important responsibility they will ever have! Please explore the websites and resources listed below for useful parenting support:
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child: The Heart of Parenting, by John Gottman
- The Whole Brain Child by Daniel Siegel
- Find fun crafts and family activities, with holiday and seasonal themes, at www.Spoonful.com.
- Southeastern Utah Health Department District: www.southeastuthealth.org.
- Four Corners Community Behavioral Health (serving Carbon, Emery, and Grand counties): www.fourcorners.ws/grand.
- Care About Childcare at USU Eastern, serving childcare needs in Carbon, Daggett, Duchesne, Emery, Grand, San Juan, & Uintah counties: www.eastern.usu.edu/childcare/
- Arizona’s Mel Med Center provides helpful resources to assist in the assessment and treatment of ADHD: www.melmedcenter.com/resources.html
- Find positive parenting tips for children ages 0-17 at www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/childdevelopment/positiveparenting
- Utah County Moms—Good Things are Happening (articles, activities, coupons, ideas, recipes, etc.): www.blog.utahcountymoms.com/
- National Movement for America’s Children: www.movementforchildren.ning.com